Benefits of Membership:
Membership of VetICE, LLC have many benefits.
- Be able to offer an expanded online course and program offerings to students.
- Show a quick reponse to workforce demands by sharing online courses and programs with other accredited schools.
- Realize cost efficiencies by avoiding or sharing the costs of new course developments.
- Share faculty in specialties and disciplines with faculty shortages.
- Keep courses with low enrollments viable.
- Get guidance when creating courses to share. Trained VetICE staff will provide templates, technical requirements, and consultation if you and your institution are wanting to create courses for VetICE distribution.
- Help shape VetICE's administration, policies, and procedures. By becoming a member you will help shape the future of VetICE. Have a voice and help make it work for you!
- Get free access to an online repository of educational materials. The repository will be a collection of existing learning objects gathered from veterinary schools and faculty. (Pending funding)
Students benefit through VetICE:
- Convenient and flexible access to a wider range of courses, academic programs and faculty expertise in a variety of disciplines.
- No issues with credit transfers or having to pay tuition to another institution.
- Academic advising at their home institution.
Faculty members benefit as well.
- Faculty content experts get to teach in their area of expertise to a broader range of students.
- They teach more specialty courses that are made possible by combining enrollments from more than one institution.
- Faculty experts share in the revenues from courses they author.
- The facilitating faculty collaborate with faculty experts at other member institutions.
- Faculty experts and facilitators learn new teaching skills in adult learning principles, distance learning techniques and pedagogy, and effective use of VetICE courses.
Become a Member